1.24.2008

Meeting went well

For all who were praying as I met with Pastor Carlos Huerta of the mother church in Tlalnepantla, it went well. I was welcomed with a large mexican abrazo by both him and his wife, and even his two year daughter. I will spend the next few weeks still in transition as he takes time to work out this year's ministry calendar and talk over my involvement with the deacons and church. I will be officially presented before the church body for membership and as a missionary working with them this Sunday. I feel a peace and excitement for this decision. I know God has clearly directed me here and I have seen him shut the doors to the other options. Carlos already shared several really huge options that I'll have in working in brand new ministries and areas where there are no churches. ONe of those is the area I've mentioned many times--La Guacamaya. I will go there (around Toluca Mexico, about 2 hours from the city) tomorrow (Friday) for a day of ministry. Our church is desiring to build a ministry team to go there and begin a work and eventually a church. I will probably be dedicating a large amount of my time to this ministry, among others.

I also was able to share about my home church's group coming to Mexico from July 26-Aug 4. Pastor Carlos and his wife Monica were both very excited and we already looked seriously at the itinerary. It looks like God is going to do great things this year. I am really excited for the summer, which is going to be full of huge opportunities to see God work.

The church is starting Saturday workshops and classes to train people to do ministry and I am excited about having a part in this and also learning a ton by taking some of the classes. They will also be taking a missions trip to a very closed (to Christianity) third world country to do some of the same workshops. Pray for these ministries please.

Pray for us as we go tomorrow to La Guacamaya with the Mazahuan people.

God is good...and he does eventually show us his plan and direction in our lives, we just have to wait and listen.

1 comment:

Rose of the Hill said...

Thanks...

Yes I think my niece is pretty adorable too ! :-)

Yeah I just got my hair cut with my sister... it felt so good to get it cut! I think you should do it :-)

I've been reading your blogs and I am so excited that things are working out! I have been praying for you!

So how is it going?