Hola!
Its been a whirlwind the last week and it seems the month of July will be one of the busyest months yet!
A look ahead and some prayer requests...
-This month July 23-27 is our VBS. I have to create all the scenery and sets and decorations...pray I get it done in time. I am also the teacher for the age 6-8 kids. I am also helping lead the dramas....lots to do and only 3 weeks left!
-A good high school friend and supporter is coming to visit July 18-21 for three days. Pray for a blessed time and just a time to show off Mexico City and enjoy ourselves!
-This month Beto Gomez and I start holding the youth group meetings. He will be working with the guys, I will work with the girls. Pray for good turnout and for us to be able to affect their lives.
-I start on Wed. a discipleship study with Barbie and her mom Rosa...pray for this time!!! I also hope to start this same study with another family, Elis and her three teenage children.
-I begin a special summer English course for all the kids who are now on vacation from school...pray many new kids come and that we can have fun togehter but I can teach them clearly about Christ. Classes will be Wed from 10-12 in the morning from now until the end of August. The regular Monday classes will continue from 4-6 and 6-8 each Monday.
-This Sat is our monthly women's meeting.
-My best friend Jessica Bryant is getting married August 18. The wedding was going to be in October but is now moved up to August...Pray I can still get the money to make the trip to Chicago for the wedding as I do not want to miss it, she is like a sister to me! Also pray I find a low priced flight! Right now prices are a bit steeper than usual to Chicago.
-My little brother is serving the summer in Asia....he arrived on Friday. Pray that he has safety and a large effect on the people he serves. He will be teaching American culture and language as well.
-Kurt Gomez (my closest friend here, and part of my mexican family as well) has an appointment to try and get a tourist visa to come to the USA on August 7. It is VERY HARD to get a visa to the USA. Pray that if it be God's will that the visa be granted. Pray all the documents get in line before this date.
-Pray for continued fellowship, clear communication, and a building of our team's unity. Especially for me as I learn to work and communicate and build a relationship with my teammates with whom I work, the Navarrete's
-VERY URGENT PRAYER REQUESTED!!!!!!!!! I have still not been granted my permanent Mexican FM3 visa. In just two days!!!! my tourist visa expires...on Tuesday July 3. I am trusting God to provide the new visa before then, or shortly after. Pray that the immigration office is quick in the processing of my visa and I get it soon. As of Tuesday if I do not have my visa, I can no longer drive, which makes my days a lot longer and more difficult. For example, the normal travel time of 20 minutes in car is turned into 1.5-2 hours by bus.
-I am dedicating the month of July to prayer relating to some decisions I need to make in the future. I don't want to be too specific as I just want this to be a time of really focusing on listening to God's voice and learning in His word as I try to block out my ideas, plans, and all the other "background noise" that so often hinder us from seeing what God wants us to do. Please pray for wisdom, clear guidance and direction from God, and for me to be able to make the right decisions in my future.
-Continued good health. Friday of last week I finally got over a five day stomach sickness (again! surprise!). Sometimes I wonder if I will ever have a fully mexican "stomach" that can "stomach" all that I swallow down here. I am trying to diet and watch what I eat, not just to not get sick anymore, but to lose some extra kilos, and get more into shape. It is also a goal to get back into the regular habit of going to the gym and exercising. I think that will help my health as well. Please pray that I can do this and that I do not get severly sick again, or anytime soon at least.
With that said, its been a long night and a very long week and I have a crazy one ahead of me as well. Thank you so much for your prayers.
I would never be here without your support, que Dios les bendiga!!!
Bethany
1 comment:
B-dAWG,
Praying for you! Sounds like you have a ton on your plate. I'm sure with the Lord's strength you'll acomplish much for his Glory. I'll also be praying for your big request!
Love you in Christ!!!!
Ken
Post a Comment