Just a quick update.
Not a ton has happened since my last update. Ministries continue to go well in Las Trojes, where I have been working since my arrival.
My biggest prayer request for now is pray for me as I go to shadow the other ABWE miniistries throughout the north of the city for the next month. After this time of shadowing, I will decide in which ministry to work the rest of my first term. This is something that ABWE recomends we do as new missionaries to the field. Pray for God's clear direction in the coming weeks.
I will be balancing this shadowing time with the ministries I am already involved in in Las Trojes: my English classes and preparation for this year's VBS program. VBS will be the last week of July.
Also keep my friend Kurt in your prayers as he travels with a missionary team from Alabama this week to go to the Sierra of Puebla, Mexico to do a medical missions trip. He will be a translator and performing basic medical procedures. The team also did this same trip last year. Pray that they can use this medical trip to share the gospel with some of the indigenous people of the Sierra.
My health has been great recently, with no continuing problems at all. I seem to have a better ability to eat mexican food and not get sick now...and I have not contacted any other flu viruses. Please pray for continued good health.
Happy Birthday to my teammates this month! Alyssa (June 6), Zina (June 12), Me (June 12), Diana (June 23), Nelson (June 23), and Ron (June 29).
Also continue praying for my FM3 visa which I will need to have asap. My turist visa allowing me and my car to be here expires July 3. That means I only have 10 more days left until I will not be able to drive (unless granted my FM3 visa first). Also I have learned I cannot get a mexican driver's liscense until I have the FM3 visa. Therefore, I am now just going with my expired state of PA liscense (since I also cannot renew that unless I am in the state of PA to do so). Pray I don't get pulled over:) and if I do, that the cop doesn't read English to realize my liscense is expired. Once I get the FM3 visa, a permanent visa, I will then be able to apply for my mexican liscense (good for life), and open a bank account here in Mexico. It will be valid (the FM3 visa) for 1 year, but the renewal process is very easy, so I hear. Please pray for a quickened process and that I can have my visa by July 3!!! Everything, especially paper work and anything to do with the government is slow in Mexico.
Thanks for reading and praying...I hope to update more in detail soon...sorry for the lapses in updates...things get pretty busy down here!
Hasta luego,
Betania
No comments:
Post a Comment