On the fourth, I spent the day teaching and giving a Bible study. But, as I drove home late at night around 10 pm, I saw one single Firework go off in the sky before me. Who knows what it was for, but I would like to think it was a special gift for me that I could at least see one firework on the 4th! :)
Yesterday was my first full day without being able to drive my car. It went pretty well, to say the least. I took Chloe (my dog) with me for the day to the Gomez. I usually spend my free days off with them. She did well jumping up onto the busses and off again. All the other passengers loved here and were petting her. I only had problems with one bus choffer who apparently had a fear of dogs, and said "you can get on but leave the dog she will bite me and all my passengers." I said "Look at her she's harmless" But he refused to change his mind. So Chloe and I found a better bus to ride anyway!
Here is the most recent picture of the dogs, Chloe and Warren, and the Gomez family, and I. Chloe got to the house yesterday and ran towards the patio where Warren lives only to find it vacant. She sat for a bit looking around in confusion. Warren is in San Luis Potosi this month with his owner. Afterwards I think she actually liked that he wasn't there as she was the center of attention yesterday and everyone spent all their time with her. Getting a dog has turned out to be a great decision; she's a lot of fun.
Today I have to go teach English to Oliva, a Catholic woman. Afterwards I'll go with TJ and Alyssa Navarrete to the jr. high graduation ceremony and party of one youth group teen, Sarai. She is a Christian but I really want her to get more involved, especially with the upcoming study and meetings.
Continue to pray MUCHO for my FM3 visa so I can drive again, and for all the other requests I mentioned last time.
Betania
No comments:
Post a Comment