e's two pictures of our Bible study from last night, from left to right, pictured are: Steven on the floor, then Javier, Jonathan, Jasmine, Kari, Bethany, and Helmer. The study went really well. We went over more of the importance of God's word and how it applies to daily life, and also got in a little bit on Prayer and why we need to pray and why we also should remember one another in prayer. It was so amazing to see these guys, some who are very new believers, discuss the topics and grow. At some points they were almost arguing over certain verses, and finding other passages to back up what they were saying. It was so good to see them use the word of God and to have the desire and passion to understand and apply it! I learned a lot as well, and it definitely stretched my Spanish abilities. We will meet next week again at 7, and I'm hoping that all come again. Jasmine was finally able to make it, and she loved it. She was so thankful we invited her and just couldn't stop talking about next week. She has been a believer for 3 weeks now. Helmer is really growing as well, as he seemed so much more comfortable using the Bible and sharing prayer requests. God is really blessing, He is so good.English class went well on Wednesday. I am so impressed by how Chris and Cynthia Gault run their ministry. It is so effective. They open with one hour of class, have a short "cafecito" break, and then start into hour number two of class. During the break, Chris and Cynthia also teach the students a tradtional song (in English), usually like a hymn or praise song. They tell them what it means in Spanish, and apply it to the Bible study for that week. This week's hymn was "Just As I Am." There were about 30 people there for Wednesday's session, maybe closer to 40. I am really looking forward to jumping in with teaching. Cynthia said they are going to stretch me to my limits, and I said "please do!" I am so glad God has put teaching as a ministry back in my life again. I missed it so much for the first month of being here.
Tomorrow is Friday, for which I am very glad. It's been an intense week. Everyone is getting sick, or seriously ill, as well as more reported robberies and just a lot of hardship. Please pray specifically for the following:
-Kate Mackey continues to be in intensive care with the blood clot which has moved from her heart to her chest. Continue to pray for her and her husband Alan and their two boys. Remember Alan is blind.
-Kari Bolesta, a close friend of mine here and I went to the hospital today to get ultrasounds of a mysterious lump which has been moving up her leg slowly. Her worst suspicion was confirmed, and she also has a blood clot. It is sort of scary, knowing what happened with Kate, so pray for Kari, that God will comfort her, she was pretty shooken up earlier today. Pray that God protects her from this worsening and keeps the clot from moving upwards.
-Howard is sick with some stomach problems, and his maid as well (Louisa).
-The robbery at the school: one person caught, but just a second-hand man, still the police are looking for the main guys.
-Another missionary with another org. was robbed last night as well and they took everything of value in the entire house. I heard about it in class today. It seems so many are being robbed or under severe hardship right now.
Thank you for your prayers, I'll update sometime this weekend!
Take care, Bethany
No comments:
Post a Comment