4.01.2006

God's Blessings this Fin de Semana

This weekend has been no exception to any other: the Lord continues to bless. Yesterday evening I spent a nice time as Howard and I took Helmer to a Tico style restuarant for dinner. We all shared a big plate of various types of meats and tortillas. It was good food; even the fried hotdogs:) You get used to stuff like that here! After that we spent some time walking around, and even though I felt very scared and unsafe for some reason (usually I feel very safe walking with them every weekend), God protected us as usual and we had a nice evening. We all sat in the park after that, and prayed for a bit. Continue praying for Helmer's job situation; his boss is really horrible and as Helmer said to someone tonight "he is unbearable and he likes to exploit (explotar) his workers in any way he can." I am praying somehow God would give him a new and better job. Also, I just got word from Howard that Helmer's mom back in Nicaragua is very sick and cannot go to the hospital. Please pray for this, as its a very hard burden to bear when you don't even live close to your family.

Today we had English classes, which were such a refresher. I really love my class, and am going to start making more lesson-plan type activities, because I really think I could be doing even more with them. I am starting to get to know my students really well, and they sort of know my sense of humor now, so we have a lot of fun together. Tonight we learned more family name words and verbs in the present progressive tense. After class I met a girl named Merly, from Nicaragua. She lives a little north of where I live, and not too far away. She invited me to come to some classes with her tomorrow, and I said, I'll come if you come to church with me, so tomorrow she is going to come to church. I asked if she believed in Jesus and God and she said, no but my mom does. She said she has every Sunday totaly free and just has never wanted to go to church. I was amazed when she actually agreed to come and sounded excited as well! Pray I am able to find her tomorrow at our meeting spot at 9:45 am, and pray that God begins to open her heart to accepting Christ.

Tomorrow should be busy with breakfast early, church afterwards, Nicaraguan classes with Merly, and then Steven and I are going to cook dinner for Howard and Helmer. I am also going to help Steven a bit with some English grammar questions he has.

It's been a really long day, but good. I made all the bus reservations for my parents trip too, as they'll be here in just one week. No puedo esperar--I can't wait to see them! I am getting very anxious to have a week of rest from classes and just relaxing on the beach.

Here's a verse I was impacted by last night:

Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is. Eph. 5:17
Not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart, with goodwill doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men Eph. 6:6-7

And there was another verse which I cannot locate right now, but spoke of checking your peace against the word of God to make sure that when you think you have peace, that peace is truly the peace of God.


Chao
Betania

No comments: