10.30.2008

heavy hearts...

Greetings! Saludos!

It´s been awhile since I´ve updated, I guess I´ve just been busy putting kilometers on my new car:) Here in Mexico when you get a new car you have to take it out for the "remojo" which is like the first drive, to break it in and celebrate. So I´ve been continually celebrating the blessing of having a new car and a vehicle again the past few weeks!

On a much more serious note, I want to ask you all to lift my church up in prayer. With sorrow, dissapointment, and shock to all of us, the deacon and pastoral leadership of the church plant I work under has asked our head pastor, Pastor Carlos to resign from his pastoral duties. This was due to several indiscrete and imprudent actions on his part.

PLEASE PRAY FOR THE FOLLOWING:

1. On Sunday, November 2, we had a members meeting following church to inform the church body of this news. Pray for GOD´s healing, his wisdom to the leaders, and for the church to understand. Pray this does NOT become devisive and that God will use this for his glory, not the glory of any man.

2. Pray for Pastor Carlos and Monica. They are dear people and over the past year of working side by side nearly every day, I have grown to love and care greatly for them. All who worked here this past summer with them can testify to their servant hearts and their immense desire to serve the Lord. I know that God´s hand is in this decision. Pray for their hearts and their future ministry-life plans.

3. The leaders/pastors who will be taking over in the meantime: Pastor Leonel and Pastor Ron (our team leader). This is going to be a huge job on top of all they are already doing in the church and other ministries.

4. The well being of the church and the future of the church´s ministries.



Romans 8:28

God works together all things for good to those that love the Lord.

Thank you for your prayers!


On a side note, I have yet again come down with a head-cold/flu virus after babysitting Pastor Carlos´girls who all had the same virus. After an afternoon of them sharing their runny noses and high fevers with me, I have been feeling really lousy since last Sunday. I am hoping that it goes away on its own, and I´ve just been trying to get lots of sleep and rest.

Also pray for tomorrow because it is the start of the English - Chronological Bible study ministry at our church. Classes start up tomorrow at 5 pm! I have already had people call me for information (they got my number from all the flyers we put up this week)!!!! I am super excited. Pray for a good turnout and for the Bible lesson to be effective in teaching the Word to these new students!!

No comments: