8.21.2008

Exhaustion, Ultrasounds, and Fish stew...

That sums up the past few days for me...I've been feeling out of my element lately. Overall, I just feel really exhausted and tired. I get 10 hours of sleep a night and I wake up feeling good, but after two to three hours, I feel so tired I have to sit or lay down, or I feel as if I could pass out. I'm not sure if its still anemia side effects or something else. The summer was long and crazy for me, and maybe my system is still tired. Not sure.

I've had some strong pains in my lower abdomen over the past few months, and when I went to the doctor she said I still have inflamed intestines and the entire lower abdomen is rather inflamed. She ordered an ultrasound to have a good look at all my organs, and see what is going on. Maybe I'll get some answers for the pain, discomfort, and tiredness I've been having.

And today, I ate some fish soup for lunch made by a trustworthy source (I've never gotten sick from this family's cooking before), but within two hours I was making runs to the bathroom. :/ I hope this passes soon and I think I'm just going to SAY NO to fish soup, even when it comes from a trustworthy source.

Ayyy, the ailments of health that come with living in a foreign country. We went on a youth retreat last weekend and one exercise we did was, around the bonfire, we were given the name of another person in the group. We had to say one positive thing and one negative thing about the person. For me, they said, "servant, hardworker, always willing to help" but "not very careful and taking care of her health." I knew who said it immediately, as I had been talking with my close friend Lety beforehand about all these problems I've been experiencing. But, I think she's right. Sometimes when you're working and busy you just get too caught up to stop and pay attention to the little signs your body gives you that all is not well. I'm taking the time to do that now, and I hope this is all nothing serious.

I'd appreciate your prayers in the meantime and especially for MORE ENERGY, even just to get through the days. Today I got a shower and got ready, and just getting ready for the day wore me out. I have a long day Saturday, as I'll be going to do the discipleship study with the youth in Iztapalapa. Pray for energy and alertness, and for the ability to communicate well the chronological Bible story and message God has for them.

That's all for now!

Bethany

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beth,
I'm so sorry you are not feeling well. Please have them check you for auto immune diseases like Crohn's. That would lead to the tiredness and the intestinal problems and it does run in the family. You are in Lance's and my prayers daily. Love Aunt Cheryl