10.27.2007

Noteworthy.

Happenings this week...

--It's still really cold (since Monday now!). Even though it got to 60 degrees outside today, it is only about 45 inside due to having a cement and tile house...and the best part! We ran out of gas today so that means...no hot showers!
--I taught the kids in Los Olivos how to play Settler's of Katan today...it was a huge hit they didn't want to stop playing. I let Olivia win:)
--Chloe my dog is getting longer and just as mischieveous...in the days its been cold, at least we have her to talk to inside the house! I hope to post pictures soon.
--My flights home are secured: I leave Mexico City November 14 (wed) at 10 am and arrive in PIT at 5:30 pm. I'll be in GC from Wed the 14-Sun the 18. The Dean clan departs for Minnesota Sunday the 18th and I'll be back in GC on Sun after thanksgiving. I fly to Mexico again Wed the 28th, I'll be back home here by 7 pm.
--I started a new Beth Moore Bible study that is good, you should read it. Its called "WHen Christians do things that disgrace God"....that's my translation of the title in Spanish. I got it last Sunday when Darlene and I went to the Christian Expo at the World Trade Center of Mexico
--Two days in a row the sky has been so crystal clear blue with NO SMOG or pollution...we saw the volcanos which are 2.5 hours south of here in the state of Puebla (all three snow-capped amazing mountains) gloriously defined in the sun today and yesterday. The sunset today was amazing, blues, purples, pinks, oranges, not a cloud in the sky--and the snow-capped mountains which are almost NEVER visible in the distance. Wow...God is good to have blessed me with seeing such a beautiful sight right here in Mexico City.
--I went to a "safe" (clean) taco stand last night and ate tacos of many different parts: between all of us who went we tried brain, tongue, eye, miscelaneous beef parts (in spanish "surtido" or "selection"), and the good beef that has less fat tacos...we also had broth (consume) that was truly delicious. I enjoyed the tongue taco, it was very tasty, but the brain not so much, and I wasn't brave enough to attempt the eye, after seeing the guy cutting it up.
--I sat in traffic last night for over 5 hours. It was Friday:)


Well that's about it. Not much news is good news, I guess. Keep praying for warm weather!

Bethany

and enjoy your extra hour of sleep tonight!

No comments: