10.16.2007

A note of praise and a prayer request...

Just a quick update to give some great news and ask for prayer. My teammates Joe and Heidi DePuy who attended candidate seminar classes with me are raising their support and have seen God take their support from 63% when they were here visiting us just three weeks ago to 81% currently! If you all remember, ABWE requires us to also go to something called "Field Preparation Seminar", an additional two weeks of training and language training. You MUST have 85% of your support to be able to attend and the cut-off for Joe and Heidi to attend the November seminar is this Friday, October 19th. Attending now in November will enable them to go to language school starting in January, provided they get the remaining support needed. PLEASE PRAY FERVENTLY that they get the remaining 4% needed to go in November. Then also be praying that they get the remaining support needed to give them all 100% of the support needed to leave for language school and the field. I am so amazed that God is bringing in their support so rapidly in just the past weeks...praise the Lord! I remember back to when I too was anxiously waiting to see if God would bring in the support before the deadline cut-off date and He did! I attended in November and went to language school Jan 2006. Please pray for Joe and Heidi to be able to go this November!!!!!! And praise God with our team that God is bringing in their support so fast. Also be praying that God continues to call more and more career and short-term missionaries to Mexico. On that note, if you all ever have interest in coming, even for a week or so, let me know...there are always jobs that can be done and lots of needs to meet here.

Speaking of support needs, you can be praying for me as well as I recently saw that a few of my individual supporters had not been sending in support for some time, so I notified ABWE and now I am about 5% undersupported (roughly $100)....not anything that is super urgent, but it would be nice to have that support back, as eventually it will cause my ABWE account to dwindle down and not have sufficient funds. Also, my housing allowance was set pretty low to begin with and I am finding that housing is quite expensive so I am hoping that I will be able to see some additional support come in this year to enable me to pay the rent when my roommate moves out for her furlough in March (right now we share costs). If you all know of any churches who'd be interested in supporting me, let me know. Thanks for your support in prayers as well as finances for all who read this and are already a huge part of this ministry. Your support does not go unnoticed, I am thankful daily for all who are giving unselfishly to allow God to have me here, as well as for all who continually pray for me.

-Bethany

No comments: