Well the day has finally arrived. After over four years of planning, praying, and dreaming of one day returning to Mexico as a missionary, today I leave for Mexico. The Lord is so good.
Last night I had a wonderful, amazing, beyond all description service at church. I can't really thank the Lord enough nor express right here how incredible my sending church is! They have only showered me with love and prayers the past year since departing for language school and now with my departure to Mexico. I received so many gifts of things for my new home in Mexico that they won't even fit in my car! My parents will bring the rest down. On top of that, they gave me a love offering that was so enormous that I could barely believe it. I am so thankful. As we sometimes worry where funds will come from for big moves and all the expenses ahead, God has it already completely figured out. Wow!
Last night my dad and I spent New Year's eve out in a pouring, freezing rain tying down my roofrack and loading the last pieces of luggage. My car can't possibly hold another thing:) Good thing my mom taught me to pack well.
I thank you all for your prayers and all the support in the year of 2006 while I studied Spanish. Now, 2007, I ask you to continue praying just as fervantly as I begin my life as a missionary to Mexico.
I can think only again of one of my favorite verses which God claims as truth daily in my life! Galatians 3:20 states that all glory be to God who can do exceedingly above all that we can think or expect. I expect God to do amazing things in the year of 2007, but I know He will blow away my expectations as He always does. I hope that you also have high expectations for what God can do through and in you this year.
Prospero ano nuevo....happy new year!
I will try to update somewhere in the course of my next 5 days of traveling to Mexico. I will arrive on Jan 5.
Bethany
1 comment:
Good Morning Dear Bethany,
I don't think you will see this before you leave, but, early this morning I was thinking about you and praying as you leave on your long journey to Mexico, to the place God has called you to serve HIM. Blessings on you as you travel and I pray you will be a BLESSING to someone along the way.
We will keep checking to see if you update us along the way.
GOD is GOOD, and I know HE WILL BE WITH YOU.
Love and Prayers for YOU....
-Jean and Roger-
Post a Comment