Well I am writing from the 2nd day of the leg of the 5 day trip to Mexico City. So far I have put 1100 miles on the car and about 18 hours of driving. Yesterday I drove from Grove City to Elkhart IN where I spent 2 hours with my cousins and aunts and uncles. I continued west to Oakbrook, IL (Chicago area) to stay the night with my close friend Jessica. Today I left Oakbrook and drove southward through the great (and boring corn field!!!) length of Illinois. At 2:30 I saw the St Louis arch for the first time ever and drove through that beautiful city. I continued through the length of Missouri on a diagonal some 4 hours. I am staying the night at the brother's house of a couple at church, in Berryville, Arkansas just south of the Missouri/Arkansas border.
Tomorrow I will drive from here to Ft. Worth, Texas through Ark and Oklahoma. That will be an 8-hour drive.
Thursday I will drive from Ft. Worth to McAllen TX adding another 9 hours of driving.
So far I have seen 2 states I had never seen before: Missouri and Arkansas. The Ozark Mts are beautiful and I drove through a wonderful sunset this evening. Also really enjoyed St. Louis, its a very pretty city.
The trip has gone smoothly and problem free.
Thanks for your prayers,
Bethany
1 comment:
Beth, On any trips you have I'm sure Sean, Vicki and Hailey would welcome you to stay with them in Springdale, AR. Love Aunt Cheryl
Post a Comment