11.21.2006

Update 21 Noviembre 2006

Hola from Costa Rica.

Its so hard to believe that its already nearly December. Where has this year gone?? Has it gone as fast for all of you as it has for me!? Wow. I can hardly believe in just two days we celebrate Thanksgiving. Here, there is no Thanksgiving, but it is referred to in Spanish as "Dia de Accion de Gracias," and I will be celebrating with the CR ABWE team and ABWE language school students with a big dinner. It will be my first Thanksgiving to eat Chicken in place of Turkey, but you know, its not so important as gathering with friends and/or family and sharing why we are all thankful this year. When I think of the reasons I am thankful, I cannot even express my gratitude to God for all he has done this year. A few big things I give thanks for are:
-My family in the states, Mom, Dad, Ben and Aaron. I really miss you guys, especially celebrating days like Thanksgiving together!
-The ability to be here studying and shortly to Mexico--the fulfillment of so much time of longing to do this, and it all being made possible daily by God!
-Safety daily and sustained health
-My strong CHristian friends who lift me up in my faith, encourage me, help me, and tell me when I've messed up
-That I'll get to be home in just 3 short weeks to spend Christmas with family
-The ways God has worked here in CR among my latino friends in the past year
-All of the churches and individuals who support me financially and all those who pray for me


I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well. We all have so much to be thankful for, that is for sure.

No comments: