11.27.2006

100th post! and picture updates from Thanksgiving

Hola! Here's a link to see pictures from Thanksgiving here in Costa Rica, with my ABWE missionary "family" (my family in Christ for sure!)

It was my first ever Thanksgiving away from family, and it was a bit sad but we still had a great day together here.

Check out the pictures!!!!!

http://hisnet.net/reilly/thanksgiving_2006.htm




On other notes, time is really winding down here. I only have 17 more days until I leave. Today I went to pay my exit tax.

This week of school is filled with more tests in Redaction and more deadlines to meet in Translation class, as I still need to turn in some typed up translations. Also tomorrow is our very last Maid's Bible study...how fast has this trimester gone...I cannot believe it!!

The next three weeks are crazy!!! I'll need lots of prayer! Here's what the weeks hold:
Tuesday, November 28: Last Maid's Bible study on Maria, sister of Martha
Thursday or Friday November 30 or December 1: my Oral exit interview with ABWE
Saturday December 2: The graduation of my Nicaraguan English students!!!
Sunday December 3: the Baptism of Juan and Marjorie and a picnic lunch to say our goodbyes to them

Monday December 4: Final exam for Translation class
Tuesday December 5: Empleada/Maids Christmas party About 50 people will attend and I'll be presenting the devotional on Jesus Christ and Christmas...I am also organizing this so its a lot of work, and much left to be done! Please pray some who attend will come to trust Christ as their Lord and Savior.
Wednesday December 6: My Oral ECO interview at school to test my Spanish level
Thursday December 7: My written Grammar Exam at school, said to take 3-4 hours! It is very thorough and VERRRRRY hard.
Friday December 8: Student sale at school, where I'll try to sell some stuff I can't fit to pack home

Sunday Dec 10: A goodbye church service and a farewell party to follow with all our friends from the English classes, school, and church
Wednesday December 13: My final oral exam for Translation where I have to bring in a native tico and interview him/her about their ministry, testimony etc and then translate their Spanish to English
Friday December 15: Graduation at 9:30 and to the airport by 11:30 am and flying out at 1:50 pm!!!!!!

Thanks for your prayers during these next three weeks! I will try to update as often as time allows.

Bethany

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bethany,
your schedule for the next 2 1/2 weeks sounds pretty grueling! We will keep it posted so we can pray appropriately each day. I hope you can make all your connections on the 15th - it sound pretty tight. We know you will do well. We are looking forward to seeing you. Enjoy your times that remain with friends.
love,
Mom and Dad