Here are a few pictures from the weekend. This first one is one more from the retreat we had two weekends ago now to Jaco Beach here in Costa Rica. This is Saturday mornig, sharing a tico-style breakfast (eggs, rice, and beans) with our discipleship cell group. The second photo is of Jessica Wigton (now Jessica Roseum) and I at the wedding.
Jess and I were roommates for all four years of college. The wedding was absolutely beautiful, as it was held in the chapel at Grove City College. The reception was in a building called The Corinthian in downtown Sharon, PA, and was also beautiful. Jess looked amazing as well, and our bridesmaid dresses were very pretty also. It was a beautiful day. The third picture is a silly one of my three college roommates, Jessica, Emily and Shivonne.
Emily also had done missions work in Mexico and is currently teaching Spanish but just moved to Pittsburgh. Shiv is a social worker. Emily had been a best friend for many years now as well. It was really good to get to see them all together, on the college campus even, one last time. Who knows when we will all be together again.Other than the wedding, I got to spend some time with other friends back home over the weekend, as well as lots of time with my family. My mom made a big American style picnic the night before leaving, so guess it was 4th of July food a few days early. BBQ chicken and pasta salad sure was good in place of the typical rice and beans dishes here. My mom also took Monday off of work so we had a fun day together just browsing at the outlet malls doing some shopping and packing up all my stuff that I had to return with.
I got in to San Jose with zero problems, an answer to prayer and got to unload a lot of stuff over at Howard's. Tomorrow we will take the huge backs of soap and baby stuff to Patricia's mom, as a donation to her ministry of helping young girls who become mothers unexpectedly, many times as a result of a family member. These items were sent down by Howard's parents and the choir members at their church. I know it will be a great blessing and encouragement to Patricia's mom, Patricia.
I will be house sitting for Nelson and Margo Concepcion this week so I should have another week of having my own space and cooking whatever American food I'd like! This weekend will be back to the norm and going to English classes. I have not been in three weeks, so I am looking forward to seeing my students again.
Continue to pray for Helmer as he is thinking through some of his decisions and the consequences each has. We continue to pray that he chooses to follow God and look to Him for his sustainance. I know many of you are praying, for which I thank you. Just today we were talking about how many times we can feel the comfort and assurance of these prayers, even if God is answering them in his own unique ways. I know I have been uplifted just by the knowledge that so many are praying. Thank you.
Will try to write more soon,
Bethany
4 comments:
Hi Bethany,
Enjoyed the pictures. The wedding must have been just gorgeous. You looked great in the dress also. Everyone looked so happy. That is always such a special time.
Glad you enjoyed your visit home. I know your parents were happy to have you with them for a little while. Sure wish we could have Howard home for a brief time.
Thanks a bunch for the lovely e-anniversary card. That was thoughtful of you to think of us. It was a special day for us in many ways. We heard from many friends. We plan to celebrate while on our vacation in the Maritimes which starts next week.
Well, guess it is back to routine for you. We are praying for you.
Love ya,
Jean and Roger
Bethany,
Glad to hear your return trip was enjoyable and without problems. Also glad to hear that Helmer came with Howard to pick you up. I mentioned his situation in prayer meeting last night so he is on everyone's prayer list now. I hope that he will be tender to the Holy Spirit's working and return to living God's way soon.
If you have some digital photos of the wedding, please email them to me. I'm only on #19 of 24 on my roll of film so it may be a while before I get mine.
Kevin and Jan are coming tomorrow evening. They will only be here until Sat. evening, but we should have a nice time.
It was wonderful to have you home for a while. Now if I could get Ben & Shelley home for a little bit. We've actually seen more of you and you don't even live in the country!
Have a good week
Love, Mom
Goodmorning Bethany. I just read your Blog and found it and the comments interesting. It is cloudy here this morning.
Our church service is a combined service with the Moravian church at the local park this morning.
May God bless you as you continue your work in His service. Love, Howard's Aunt Lowella
Hey B!! So glad to see the pics and hear that you had a great weekend here :) I was so glad to have you here I can't quite put it into words!! Also glad to hear you had a safe trip back. Hope you have a good rest of the week & we'll chat soon! Love ya!
Post a Comment