6.28.2006

back en Costa Rica

Just a quick note to let you all know I arrived safely tonight early! My flight was smooth and very nice as I flew with MartinAir Holland, which is quite luxurious, as its a European airline. All my luggage came through just fine, and this airline also allows up to 70 lbs or 30 kilos so that was nice. I sat by some really nice Costa Rican people and hope to see the one woman again sometime in the future. Howard came to pick me up and to my pleasant surprise, was accompanied by Helmer. It was so good to see them both; the whole flight back I could hardly wait to get here. I got to chat a bit with Helmer on the way home, but he was really quiet and withdrawn and it was like prying conversation out of him...definitely not his normal self, wouldn't smile much and just tried to keep to himself. Please pray for him as it was so obvious that he was not himself and that he is struggling so much right now. I am glad that he showed up today as we were really worried as he hadn't contacted Howard all weekend, but it is still something that we need to be taking to the Lord in prayer all the time, and asking that the Holy Spirit works in his life. Right now there is not much else we can do but pray for the Spirit's work in Helmer's heart and continue to try to do our part here as well.

It's good to be back, although the visit home sure was a nice breather.

Will write more soon.

Bethany

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bethany,

So glad you arrived back in Costa Rica safely. That airline sounds really nice.

Thanks so very much for taking all of the extra things down for Howard and Patricia. We really do appreciate you doing that for us.

Yes, we are praying for the Lord to really work in Helmer's life. There are many folks praying for him, so hopefully, he will soon get his life in order.

Love,

Jean and Roger