3.06.2006

Monday, March 6

Today was an average Monday. I went this morning to teach English to Dina, and that went really well. We read through the story of Noah and his ark twice in English and I helped her learn and pronounce the new vocabulary. After this, we made a Bible Study from the story together, relating that God was the engineer of Noah's ship, and not man, and he should also be the engineer of our lives, not us, or our "ships" will sink. She did a good job and knows even more English than I thought. After that, we worked on making an English invitation to give to those interested in helping with the Saturday teaching ministries. I had no problem finding it, which was good, and going home was fine, but slow. The bus seemed to stop at every single possible stop, and I made it back to the institute by 12:25, just barely in time for class! Next time, I'll have to leave earlier, and allow more time.

Class went well, got my grammar exam back from Friday. I did better than anticipated, but still of the points missed, about 5-10 were simple mistakes I knew the answers to and checking my work one more time may have helped! Oh well, it was really just an exam to see how far we've come, for our own personal benefit, not a grade. I had an interview in language/conversation with Oscar, about how the class is coming. He told me I am probably more fluent on the inside than I show on the outside because he said he can tell I just have a lot of natural fear of saying the wrong thing, or saying something the wrong way. He told me I need to be more courageous and get even more practice than I already get. I told him in the past week there was only 1 night when I wasn't with some form of ticos the whole night.

Still have some homework to finish as well as prepare something for 4 minutes of chapel tomorrow, I said I would since tomorrow its any one of us single students who wanted to prepare something.

I have to get up early too and I am so tired all day today. Buenas noches!

Bethany

1 comment:

Rose of the Hill said...

I started to giggle when I read your post, about how you are probably more fluent in the inside, more than you think. Cause Joe says that to me ALL the time. It is funny how he has no problem what so ever speaking in spanish to people, even if he messes up. He loves it. I too love it but I am beginning to ponder if I have the fear because of pride or because I am afraid that I might disapoint someone because I am not a great spanish speaker. I think, and hopefully it is the latter. Anyhow, I miss you tons... keep in touch! :-)