2.26.2006

Last night in the states and a Prayer Request

Hey guys,

So I head back tomorrow to Costa Rica..we leave for the airport in 3 hours! Today was an excellent day. I got to go to my church this morning, which was refreshing and amazing. This evening we voted at church to call a new youth pastor, Doug, who I strongly agree with, since I worked at camp with him for 8 years. The vote was all but three people in favor! Praise God. After that, my close friend Ken came over as well as Aaron's friend Chris and we all played Settler's. That just ended and now I am waiting for my last bit of laundry to dry and stick it in my suitcase. Everything is ready to go for tomorrow, I just hope my bags aren't overweight!

The prayer request I'd like to share if for an email I just received. A church that was going to be taking my on for support has just written to say they have had a church split, with over 100 people leaving. It is always heart breaking to hear such news, especially when I know first hand what I saw of the church when I visited with them last August. Please pray that God will bring resolve, healing, and renewal. Please that hearts will forgive and not be bitter, but be challenged to show love and forgiveness that only God can grant. Please pray for direction for both the pastors involved. Please pray for revival among our churches in the USA in general, that God may unite us in love, and that Satan would not have the stronghold to tear us apart.

I was listening tonight to Jars of Clay's "Redemption Songs" and the song, "They will know we are Christians by our love." It is my prayer that others will know that I am a follower of Christ by my love, but please pray this for all of us, in general, that it would be through our love and care that others would see Christ.

Love,
Bethany

No comments: