| This is my first blog using this site, and I have switched so that I will be able to post photographs to keep you all even more up to date with my life here in Costa Rica. Today was a very long day! Yesterday was also a long day. We are in the midst of Spiritual Emphasis week here at ILE and it has been very awesome so far. Yesterday was day one and the speaker presented the message of, "If God looked at you, how much of Himself would He see?" This was very challenging to me and I went home and prayed about how I could become more empathetic for the people God desires me to personally impact. Today the speaker presented a sermon on integrity tonight, which was very impacting. This morning he spoke on prayer. I had an amazing time last night reading Psalm 23 and saw in a whole new way how desperately in need I am of my Shepherd, God the Father. I have been praying that God would allow me to know Him more intimately through prayer and I think He is beginning to complete that in my life. Yesterday Shelley and I watched the kids during the evening service. They were pretty boisterous and a little unruly, but overall, they did very well. After that, I went over to Howard´s to do some interviewing for my Lenguaje class. I was able to get 3 interviews from 2 Columbianos and 1 Tico. It was great to talk to three Christians about their perspective on the differences between Catholic and Evangelical here in Latin America, and how they feel is the best way to talk to Catholics about "la fe", or the difference in faith, especially salvation. It was really a blessing to get to go over and get those interviews done! No more homework for the week! Today I had to do the powerpoint for both chapel services, which went overall well. I also had a grammar test, on Por vs. Para as well as the future and condicional tenses of verbs. It went well also. It´s been a long day. I asked you yesterday for prayer for my family here. I have some more details now that you can lift up in prayer. Patricia, the sister of my tica mom, is very sick and in the hospital. Please pray for her quick healing and for the doctor´s to find out what is wrong. This is the same sister who asked me many questions about salvation and Christianity about 3 weeks ago. God is working in her life, I am sure of this. Tomorrow I am going to send a card and small tract. Please pray God uses this and that I can be an instrument for Him in this situation. Well its bedtime for me, as tomorrow is another busy day of classes, two chapels, and conversing in English with some ticos! ¡Buenas noches! |
Writing through my life as wife to Kurt, mother to Tyler, and missionary to Mexico.
2.21.2006
February 21: A Long Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment