7.14.2008

Crunch time!

Yes, Sheena has had me on an intensive adominal crunch program but, I am not referring to 8-minute abs videos....its "crunch time" here in Mexico.  We have now less than two weeks until the arrival of the mission team from my sending church, First Baptist Grove City.  I am pumped!  I can't wait!  

Pray for Sheena and I this week as we have lots to do to get ready!  Pray for the group back home as God prepares their hearts and bodies for this trip!  Please especially pray for Pastor Doug, leading the trip, because last week at Soccer Camp at SRBC he most likely broke his ankle!  God knows why and this is NOT a setback to HIM!  Just pray for quick healing, that the swelling would go down and that it would not be a major fracture.  Poor Doug!  I talked to him and his wife Heidi yesterday, and even despite this recent developement, they are just as excited as ever for the trip.  

Our church here is gearing up as well and really anticipating the groups arrival.  We still have lots to do:  meetings with the translators, planning with the ladies cooking all the meals, signs and posters to hang up for the VBS program, decorations to make, programs to get the details worked out on, etc etc etc.  WITH GOD NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!  We just have to remind ourselves that He is the keeper of our time and He can help us get all done that needs to be done in the time we have left!

I remember when Pastor Dave used to always pray for God to "multiply" our time at camp, when he knew we would all only get a mere 3-4 hours of sleep, and honestly we always had the energy and stamina to complete the job at hand.  I know God can give us that now as well!

This week pray for:

--meeting with our translators and VBS helpers this week
--English classes with Lina, her girls and new student Ismael
--English/Bible class in Los Olivos, this is our second-to-last week
--New women's fellowship/prayer/visitation ministry at the mother church in Tlalnepantla
--The Guacamaya ministry this Saturday
--Good health and no more stomach problems for Sheena
--Getting all the other little details done for the group's arrival


Thanks for your prayers and support.  God is doing great things and I am just excited to be a part of it.

Bethany








No comments: