Please pray for the family of my Uncle Lance and Aunt Cheryl Scotney. (Aunt Cheryl is my dad's sister). My Uncle Lance's mother, Grandma Salley Scotney passed away on Monday night at 9:30 pm. I just got news now upon returning home (I have been outside the city since Tuesday).
To us "Dean" kids, Grandma Scotney was just like another grandmother, and always was a very special lady to us. I remember going to her house many, many afternoons and summers of my childhood years, as I often spent the summers in Ohio with my cousin Nancy (Lance and Cheryl's daughter). One summer I stayed overnight at her house when tornadoes went through the area, and I still remember how she comforted me when I was really, really scared. She always bought our "buckeye" necklaces from us too, that we made in the summers and sold in front of her house!
Grandma Scotney was a woman of God and I know she is in heaven with the Lord, but she will be missed by all of us here. She was one of the few very special people who sent me long, handwritten letters and cards to both Costa Rica and Mexico, and supported me greatly in what God has called me to do. She always sent letters to remind me that what I am doing is the Lord's work and I shouldn't lose heart. We will all miss her greatly. Please pray for Uncle Lance, Aunt Cheryl, Lance's sister Karen, and my cousins Sean, Nancy, and Rob, as they say goodbye to their mother/grandmother.
3 comments:
I sent a big hug with this. I will definitely be praying for your family. And for you.
Bethany, What a sweet rememberance of Grandma Scotney. She had a soft spot in her heart for you. Thank you for sharing and for holding our family up in your prayers. Love, Aunt Cheryl
that was great Bethany.. She loved when we made the buckeye necklaces and hung around her house... Hope you are doing well.. love nancy
Post a Comment