3.29.2008

Back from my travels!

It's been a while, but I am finally home, seated at my desk, and trying to get caught up on emails, etc. Sorry for the absence!

I had a great time on our leader's retreat to Veracruz, Mexico. It was a very fruitful time of looking at how to better make/prepare disciples and leaders. We were all challenged to work in a new way, to increase our effectiveness as we minister, train people to minister with us, and form leaders from day one in whatever ministry we undertake. I will write more in detail at a future date! We also had a good time getting to know one another better. Those who attended this retreat were:
Pastor Carlos and Monica Huerta (pastor of Missionary Baptist Bible Church, Tlalnepantla)
Pastor Leonel and Damaris Perez Morales (youth pastor and missionaries to our church, Leonel is Nicaraguan, Damaris is the daughter of Chilean missionary Nelson Morales)
Ron and Zina Allen (ABWE Missionaries serving through the same church)
Bethany Dean:)
Pastor Eleazar and Suzi Tello Harbich (Mexican pastor and German missionary wife who are serving as the pastor in the daughter church plant in Los Olivos)
Darlene Gabler (ABWE missionary serving in Los Olivos)

All in all we had an awesome time. Veracruz is a beautiful, historic port city as well.

As for the health issues which my brother Ben has lovingly referred to as the "exotic tropical infection".... I'm feeling good and am almost done with the antibiotics for the typhoid and will start treating all the parasites this week to come. Ben also asked me if I had named all the "fun tropical creatures" living inside me....the answer....no, I hope they're gone before I have enough time to build that deep of a bond with them!

Thanks for your prayers,

Bethany

No comments: