10.03.2007

More conference updates...

Well one good thing about being sick and in bed is more time to update and write and get things done on my computer! Yes, I'm still sick. I went yesterday to the doctor and got some medicines that should clear this up, as I'm now on day four of having lots of diarreah and stomach cramps, and I haven't even eaten now in two days, just liquids. I am not sure what caused it, but most likely some type of food I ate at our conference. People say that it could be that we ate a lot of seafood and fish, which is probably true, that can cause your stomach to get upset or it could have not been prepared well...who knows. I am excited for it to clear up soon though so I can get back into the swing of things.

I just thought I would post a link to the main speaker we had at our conference. Mike and Jane Gendron spoke on reaching Roman Catholics. Now this was truly amazing, because Mike grew up RC and was heavily involved in the church. His talks and materials are excellent and really reveal the truth versus a religion that is really (according to their own catechism) presenting a gospel appart from the gospel of the Word of God. I encourage you all to check out www.pro-gospel.org, which is the site for their ministry called "Proclaiming the Gospel." I don't think I've ever met a couple who are more involved in evangelism...wherever they go they are asking people two simple questions: 1-DO you believe in heaven? and 2-If you do, how are you going to get there? MOst people will NOT buck to these questions and will be ready to talk and wanting to talk about this. Try it out. I tried it on our taxi driver to the mall one day, and he shared he was catholic and that he believed "all relgions lead to the same road, all roads lead to heaven." I then had the chance to tell him that the Bible, the same Bible catholics also believe and read, clearly says otherwise. One of the best points Mike Gendron made was that most catholics are so brain-washed by their relgion, and have never even doubted what the priest says to be true. Most would never conceive that the priest, or catholic authority would not tell them the truth about the scriptures and God, but if you begin to ask them simple questions to get them thinking, then they begin to question themselves, and see that they are following a false religion. I really learned a ton and am excited to be able to use some of the materials that the Gendrons gave us. If you have roman catholic friends that are not born-again Christians I encourage you to check out his materials.

Well that's all for now, better get my monthly prayer letter written, as its long overdue.

Bethany

1 comment:

Rose of the Hill said...

Hey lady,

We will keep praying for you that you will feel better! I miss you so much... can't wait to be there :-)