Two urgent prayer requests I would like to ask you to pray for:
-Yesterday at around 6 am, an older man, Enrique, a faithful church attender, 84 years old, passed away. He was in a lot of pain and has been bound to a wheel chair for quite some time, but really there was no "signs" that he was soon to go. Just last Sunday I spoke with him, we all ate cake together, and he enjoyed the kid's day celebration with us. Please pray for his wife, Delfina, and his many children. I know that at least 1 on of his sons is a born-again Christian. Many came from far away. The family asked we do the funeral service last night in our church, even though several of the Catholic children were wanting a mass done. Three people accepted the Lord last night! It was an incredible service and God was honored by the death of Enrique Velasco. Continue praying for Delfina and family.
-Also yesterday, around midday, we got word that there was a breakout in fighting and dispute between a young couple in the church, Carina and Luis. I have asked your prayer many times for them. Luis is not a Christian and has a background of being abusive, drinking, and taking drugs. Carina is a Christian but young in her faith, and also does her share of being abusive and violent towards Luis. Yesterday after a long argument, they decided that they are completely calling it quits. They are not actually officially married, something I see is very common in Latin America, especially among poorer people who cannot afford a wedding ceremony. Last night I talked with Carina a lot, and I am finding I don't even know where to begin as far as telling her or counseling her in what is the right thing to do. Pray for wisdom for me and Diana and Antonio to be able to talk with both of them. Pray for protection for Carina and her 1-year old son Luisito. Pray for Luis to change and to come to know Christ. Pray for a restored relationship if that is God's will in their lives.
Yesterday, my "day off" ended up being a long, tiring day. Today we continue having family members and the pastor (Antonio) at the church until the body is entombed at 3:30 this afternoon. I will be filling in for Kid's club tonight as Diana and Antonio will be attending the graveside ceremonies. Pray for that time at the grave, as well as those of us managing the kids at kid's club.
Hasta luego,
Betania
No comments:
Post a Comment