4.17.2007

17 april 2007 small update

Just thought I would put up a quick update. I am feeling much better with my health. I am still eating a lighter diet and not too many heavier foods, and trying to really watch what I eat and where it comes from, but I have not had any significant stomach problems since Friday! Pray that my intestines and stomach continue to recover fully. The Farmicist and doctor told me my natural flora has been diminished due to the parasite medicine I was taking, so now I am trying to rebuild that. The natural flora and fauna of the intestine is what helps us to naturally digest our food. It is the good bacteria that grows in our stomach and intestines. Continue praying for improved health.

In ministry, things are going well for us at the church. We have some big ministries coming up, including kids day (a national holiday here) where I will be organizing a carnival for the kids after church in 2 Sundays. We also have an upcoming women's monthly meeting and a mother's day special service. Pray for these events.

Some big things in ministry that are exciting and will begin shortly are:
-In May I will begin a weekly young women's discipleship Bible study. I have about 10 young teenage girls I would like to ask to participate. Pray they all commit to this!
-In May I will also start a single's ministry, meeting once a month. There are about 15 of us who are out of school and single and could use some great fellowship and growth in the Word together
-This coming Saturday Kurt is holding a youth outreach at the church in Valle Dorado. Pray for lots of youth to come and for him as he shares a message. I have asked him to help me by speaking at a similar outreach night to be held near the end of May
-I will start this coming Tues tutoring 5 girls in English who are all in their first year of college. They live just down the hill from me and are all not Christians. I went and visited with 2 of them last night for several hours. Pray for me to be able to boldly share my testimony, my reason for being here, and that God uses me.
-Continuing in the PeaceMaker course. Attendence was a bit down this past week--pray that all keep coming faithfully and we are open to resolving conflict and letting God mold and change us. It has been a very impacting course so far.


This week I have just been continuing with my English classes. Last night we had a good turn out. Some students could not make it because it was their first day back to classes after a two week vacation, but that allowed us to have a smaller group and a really good class.

Tomorrow I teach in the morning and then I am off to the south of the city to the Aztec Stadium (Estadio Azteca). I am going to go to a "Club America" soccer game with my friend Kurt. The games are cheap to go to and a lot of fun. Club America is one of the biggest and the best soccer teams of Mexico. Tomorrow they play against a team from Ecuador. It will decide if they get to go to a championship which is against teams from all over South America as well. Soccer is huge here, it is the biggest sport, and people are very loyal to their teams. Most fans are very fanatic. Each team has a group of fanatics that follows them around, decked out in the teams colors, just to cheer them on. My favorite team is Club America, as it is the team that is the greatest rival of some of my close friends' choice teams. We also hope to be able to eat with a Christian mexican family that lives right by the stadium and owns a restuarant, who are good friends of some of the other missionaries here. We will take bus, subway/metro, and then electric train bus to get there.

Thursday is my usual day off, and the Navarrete family are on vacation this week, at a campground about an hour from here. They invited Darlene and I to come for the day on Thursday and take advantage of the water park and pools at the campgrounds. It should be nice to get out of the city for one day!

Friday I will be filling in at kids club for the Navarrete's. Pray that all goes well from 5-7 for the weekly kids club meeting.

Thats all for now!

Hasta luego,

Betania

No comments: