2.16.2007

16 of February already!

Well its hard to believe that yet another month has almost ended....February is already more than half over at least, with only 12 days left!

Life here continues! My house is getting more and more set up and looking like home. If you'd like pictures, let me know and I'll email you my latest picture update. I already sent it to many of you who read this.

Ministries are going well. I am keeping busy at church but will be even more busy as the month of March starts and my 2-month orientation period ends and I begin "real" ministry. This coming week I begin English classes 6 hours a week with 2 of the kids of one of my neighbors. Come march, I will begin youth group meetings and events, as well as a young women's Bible study, and also 2 English classes, which I hope can meet 1-2 times a week. Life will suddenly pick up to a much faster pace. I will also continue working/attending the women's Bible study and ministries, as well as occasionally helping with the kid's club. I am also going to be taking a class called "The Peacemaker" (In Spanish, "El Pacificador") taught by my close friend Kurt, at our mother church. This class teaches biblical reconciliation, how to solve personal conflict in relationships among the church, family, friends, community, etc. It will be taught out of the book "The Peacemaker" by Ken Sande. Pray that God would GREATLY use this not only in my life, but even more so in this church. Pray for reconciliation, forgiveness, and resolve to conflict for each of us who will take the class. I am praying for God to "tenderize" each person and make each person soft in heart to see those relationships in which they may need to resolve conflicts.

Pray as I prepare for ministry to begin, get together my teaching materials and begin a more concentrated ministry schedule. Also pray for my books to get here, as they were mailed and have yet to arrive...it is hard to teach without books!

Thanks for your prayers and support, I couldn't do this without all of you.

Bethany

1 comment:

Rose of the Hill said...

Bethany,
I am so excited that things area going so well. And that you love you house! :-) We are praying for you. Please tell everyone we said Hi. oh and can you tell Diana sorry that I have not been on the Yahoo thing, I no longer have axcess to it. Thanks! God Bless Heidi