12.11.2006

Quick Update and a great praise

I just wanted to post really quick to tell you of the amazing day I had yesterday, full of goodbyes, a special church service, and an amazing blessing.

The amazing blessing was watching my good friends Juan Jose and Marjorie be baptized. How incredible to see them baptized and take the decision to step forward in faith, publically displaying their new faith and life in Christ. It was such an amazing moment to see them rise from the water in new life in Christ. I cannot describe fully what it feels like to see someone baptized when you have seen the process of them before they received Christ, after, and now with their growth every day. Praise God!



Also, our church had a little time to "send" those of us who are leaving and say farewell. It was very special as well. That night we had a "despedida" or goodbye party for Howard and myself, as we said goodbye to all of our friends from here. Most of the close friends we've made during the year here are Nicaraguans, and COlombians from church. God had truly given me such a unique year here to let me build friendships with people from countries I knew little about before coming here. Now, I will have a place in my heart forever for the people of Nicaragua and the friends I've made from that country. I am so thankful for all they have shared with us, taught us, and I will truly miss them. Last night was very hard to say goodbye.



I also had a special time of getting to talk to Helmer a bit, and it was so incredible to hear him tell me that he knows God is amazing and powerful and can do miracles because he can see it in how his own brother Juan is a different person now.



Thanks for your prayers for this day, God showered me with blessings and filled the day with His presence in a way that I never could have expected. It is a day that I will never forget.

With only 3 more days left here in Costa Rica, I will be busy finishing classes and saying goodbyes. Please pray as I am already very emotionally exhausted. Saying goodbye is never easy. My friends here have been my family, as I've been away from my real family. It makes saying goodbye so much harder.


Bethany

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Bethany,

What an awesome day!! Howard called this morning and told us about it, and we know it has been a tremendously emotional time.

God has certainly given you a wonderful year, and your life will never be the same, that is for sure.

You have touched many lives, and have had a definate impact on lives that have been changed.

Blessings on you as you finish out this week. Can't believe the year is completed.

So glad God allowed our paths to cross, and we will be praying for you, in these last few days, and then, as you travel home.

Blessings on your dear one,

-Jean and Roger-