10.04.2006

Sorry its been so long!!!!

Well, I am sorry its been over a week since my last update...I haven't been overly busy, I guess just lazy:)

Not much has happened in the past week and a half. Classes continue as normal. Keeping busy, but really my classes seem to be going pretty slow so far.

I taught English this past Saturday and still my students are showing remarkable growth and really starting to do well with speaking and conversing and questioning in English. Also this Sat. I was given the chance, along with Howard, to talk about the trip we all took to Nicaragua. We shared fotos which was neat because many of the places we went are places our students are from. It was neat to hear them get excited to see fotos of their home towns. Even one girl is from the island of Ometepe!

Tuesday I taught the women's Bible study again and that was really good. It is going so well. I have a great praise to share. One woman, Yvonne, shared that all last week she continued to review the prior week's study on the women in the NT whose daughter has a demon and she asks Jesus to remove it. The women simply says to Jesus, "Ten misericordia de mi!" "Have mercy on me!" Well Yvonne told me she was so impacted and deeply touched by the study. As she studied it through the week, she wrote down a prayer that she believed the Lord gave to her. Her two adolescent twins are going through a time where they are walking very far from the Lord. She prayed that the Lord would have mercy on her and them and remove from them the "demon" of rebellion. She shared this testimony yesterday with the group and wow was it impacting. Here, I thought the study hadn't even gone so well and yet God used it not only that day, but all through last week.
This week we studied Sara and Abraham. It went very well. I asked them the question of "Do you think someone can sin against God and that sin can have the power to make them "disqualified" from serving/being used by God from that point on?" I wanted them to think. Of course, Abraham and Sarah sinned and went against God so many times, yet God used them to start a nation! So one woman commented yes she thought there were sins God could never forgive--a mother who doesn't love her children, men who do horrible things to women and children, and people who blaspheme God. I explained, with the help of another in attendance as well, that there is no sin not covered by the grace of God. As I said this, the woman's face sort of was puzzled and I could tell she didn't believe me. She said, "you mean to tell me that if someone has lived the most horrible life ever and on their deathbed they repent and ask God for forgiveness he forgives them?" I answered yes, that when any sinner asks God in true genuine repentence for forgiveness of sins, our Lord forgives them and washes them white as snow. I hope for more chances to share with her, as she claims to be a Christian but seems to not understand it all (very common in Latin America due to a lack of Bible teaching!).

Friday I got to babysit the Graef's kids...Olivia 6 months old, Abby 4 years old, and Aiden 6 years old...they are all so cute. Olivia is adorable and pudgy, and I thouroughly enjoyed getting to cuddle an adorable baby for the night!

Well I'm off to go see a movie with Monika Graef and Laura Edgar, fellow ABWE'ers. A little mid-week treat:)

Hasta luego,
Betania

No comments: