10.13.2006

Feliz dia de las Culturas!

Yesterday was Columbus day here, which is celebrated as Dia de las Culturas. We had a huge assembly at school with singing the national anthem, a parade of tipical dresses from all over the world, Bible scripture reading in over 20 languauges, typical Costa Rican dances performed by the SoJourn Academy students (K-12th graders) and typical foods from many different countries of the world. It was a really neat time. I forgot my camera though:(

Yesterday I also had tutoring with Laura Orellana, from Chile, my teacher from school. It went very well, and we had a good time just conversing and spending time together. I will be going over to her house Sunday for dinner and just to spend time with her family. They are very, very nice people. Her father is one of the head people with Latin America Mission. He is also a famous translator.

Today I am going to be baking some homeade Dutch Apple pies for my tico family to try as well as to take over to Laura's. I also plan on just doing some relaxing, as its Friday!

Saturday I'll be teaching English. I decided not to go to the beach after all, as there are just too many other things going on this weekend.

Sunday is a culture day celebration at church, and then over to Laura's.

Monday without any classes, 5 of us singles from the institute are going to take a 14 KM hike to the Volcan Barva, in Heredia Costa Rica. It should be very pretty and quite challenging.

Well have a great weekend all of you!

T-Minus 78 days until Mexico!!

Betania

No comments: