Another rainy day....yes, it's been pouring here since 1 pm, and I can still hear a consistent downpour on the roof. Its been a cold and rainy afternoon. Cold (for a tropical climate) signifies upper seventies and windy...which actually feels pretty chilly.
Had a good day of class with an interesting discussion about religions and alternative beliefs (apart from Christianity) in my culture class.
Had some good talks with several friends back home over the past couple days, which was good, but I do miss many very much.
Yesterday's Bible study went very well. Attendance was down (due to the rain I think), but from those who were there, there were lots of good questions raised. One new guy, Alan, came for church for the first time and also Bible study. He asked some good questions and then Cesar asked me, "and what does being saved really mean?" That was really neat to answer and I showed them in Romans 10 that we only have to call on the name of the Lord and then in John 10 about how Christ is our Shepherd and we are the lost sheep who he saves, and once he saves us, we can never be taken apart from him. I could see Cesar especially found this very comforting to hear. Pray for Cesar as he stood up in church to say he wanted to give more of his life to Christ. Pray he continues to surrender more and more and trust in God more too. I have seen this guy really sort of ignite with desire to know more about God, he is a really smart guy and constantly reading...very inquisitive and is constantly asking the tough, deep questions about Christianity and having a relationship with God. It's so exciting to see!
Well I have a big grammar test tomorrow on 9 different types of pronouns....still a lot of studying ahead of me tonight!
Thanks all for your prayers,
Bethany
2 more weeks until we get a little vacation here!
1 comment:
Hi Bethany,
Good to read your blog again. We have been away, as you well know, and so have missed keeping up with what is happening, so good to catch up with you.
How wonderful to hear about new fellows that are asking some deep and important questions regarding Faith in Jesus Christ. We will keep praying that they will soon decide to turn their lives completely over the HIM.
Trust your test went well. Praying for you daily.
Love you,
Jean and Roger
Post a Comment