5.30.2006

AMCA House Graduation May 30

Well tonight was a special night with the ending of the AMCA house English class ministry. There was a special "graduation" party where we gave certificates of completion of the course to all our students. They were so happy and enthusiastic. Even though it was a simple half sheet of paper, the students were all so proud to receive their certificates. Afterwards, we had about 20 minutes of singing and worship with the praise leader from a church in San Pedro. It was an amazing time of worship. After that, I got my first chance to hear Argentine spanish, as the speaker was a pastor from Argentina. Boy is it harder to understand! His message, from my understanding was focused on the free gift that God gives us, and he very clearly presented the plan of salvation. Many people raised their hands to say they accepted Christ! Praise God that His word never returns void.

I had the chance to talk to Angie tonight, and she said she has a very strong desire to continue in our study, which was an encouragement, after nobody showed this past week. I told her to bring her boyfriend and I think she is planning on it. I also was able to talk a lot to one of our students, Tattiana, who is marrying a guy who attended the institute last trimester. I would like to get to know her better, even though classes are over.

I will try to post some pictures if I can get some from people who took some. Tomorrow is a busy day with going to get some check-up blood work done at the hospital after school, then English conversation time at Howard's at 3:30, and lots of homework besides.

Tomorrow I have a really hard test on the subjunctive rule #9-10. I did not do so well on my last test, mostly because of missing it for being in the hospital, so pray I can really remember everything and do well tomorrow. I also have to give my testimony in Spanish in culture class and talk about the difference between concept of time and concept of personal space between our culture and this Latin American culture. So, I better get studying!

Pictures to come soon, keep praying for Angie and Sabrina, Sabrina is sick right now as well. Many people, it seems have been sick, including Javier and Steven and Sabrina. Pray that they all get better soon.

Muchas gracias por sus oraciones.
Chao,
Bethany

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bethany,

Enjoyed your blog tonight, and we will be praying for those precious ones you mentioned. Also, prayers for you, tomorrow, in your test.

Glad you are feeling better.

Always enjoy reading your blog.

Love ya,

-Jean and Roger-