Well we had our Bible study tonight and it went really well. None of the girls I invited ended up coming, for which I was a bit discouraged, but that's life down here...you never know if people will show or not. Please keep praying that they will be able to come or that I can meet more young women to invite. We got through the first point of our study, which that was "la Biblia." We were able to talk about how the Bible gives us direction in every single area of life. After the first 10 minutes or so, people started opening up more and asking questions, especially Helmer. Helmer asked why he doesn't just all the sudden feel better and why the negative feelings and vacancies in his life don't just seem filled already, even though he's accepted Christ. It was good to share with him that there is always vacancies in life, but that can't be our focus, our focus is on the new relationship we have with Christ who can help us as we walk through each struggle.
Classes went well today, conversation was a bit long, but it usually is. Since we have afternoon classes, we have class four hours straight, and by the last hour of each class, it is just so much.
This morning it went well working with Dina. She is going to be my tutor next tri as I won't have Conversation, but just the FARO program. We worked more on the Bible study of Noah. I got to tell her about Helmer's salvation, and since this is a direct fruit of him coming to their ministry, she was very excited.
Well some prayer requests:
-Helmer shared tonight about the vacancy he still feels from his x-girlfriend, pray that he would trust in Christ to fill this and not focus on what he doesn't have, but on what he does have
-Pray for Jonathan (one guy who came tonight) to make more Christian friends, grow even more and have a stronger faith
-Pray for Steven's English, for his ministry with the youth at his church, and that God will keep making him a stronger, bolder Christian
-Pray for Howard's Spanish
-For me, just pray for my spanish of course, for balance in studying and ministry and other time commitments, for my devotional times: that they would be deeper. The more opportunities God gives me the more I see my need of more time in God's Word. It's been a constant prayer of mine that my prayer life would become much more close and intimate to God, which means I have to have the desire to spend more and more time each day in prayer. Please pray for this also. At the beginning of this week I just sort of had a sense that it was going to be a tough week, and it has been. Pray for me to look to God for tranquility and peace. I had a good conversation with my best friend Jessica last night and she encouraged me greatly.
Well I have "un monton de tarea" ...literally a mountain of homework to complete! And it's already late and I'm tired beyond, so write more later,
Bethany
No comments:
Post a Comment