I talked to two new girls today, both live really far away, one outside of Moravia, and the other by Alajuela. I invited them to Bible study regardless, but the one seems to be an empleada for work, and said she works until after 10 each night for a huge family, cooking and cleaning, and watching after their 65 year old mother. The other works in some type of factory. Again it is the same story I hear from most of the immigrants here, that their families are back home, they have no support systems here, and they work over 10 hours a day, six days a week. They don't like the work, but have no time to look for another job, nor do they think there is really any better option. Pray for these two girls, as well as the others who are in the same situation.
Now for the pictures:

These are some of my students in the "Principiantes" level class, which is beginners. Today we learned about the words to use to describe members of the family. For review next week, I want to talk about the family of God, and how you can know for sure you are part of God's family. I found out today that about 6 of my students are Catholic and do not attend anywhere here. Pray!!!

This is the front of the classroom where I teach. The couple that hosts the classes, Dina and Jose, have turned each room of their house and the house next to theirs into classrooms. Each is themed after a famous Nicaraguan.
Today I had my students write out sentences about their family, 10 sentences describing their family. They then had to say them aloud and I wrote them up on the board. It was good, because it worked as a diagnostic to see how well they can write sentences.
This is the Bible study at the end, with Jose preaching and introducing the speaker to come. I will post more photos tomorrow of an art festival here in San Jose in Parque Sabana that I hope to go to after church with some amigos.
Have a good weekend, Thank you for the prayers!
Chao!
Bethany
No comments:
Post a Comment